Thinking of why push notifications dont work over mtctouch and alfa, i came up with several conclusions!
1st its either they dont work over edge!
2nd mtctouch and alfa blocked them!
looking around i found out that edge is supports push notifications and 100% functional!
which leaves us with the only other option; Lebanese Carriers blocked them!
diving futher into the subject, push notifications turned out to be using port 2195 !
yup you guessed it, mtctouch and alfa both have all ports closed except 80 and 8080 for security reasons and some other organizational benefits!
currently am looking for a way to make it work over port 80!
It’s been a while since i posted anything on my blog, but i return with something everyone’s waiting for!
YES you guessed it! mail.app on mtctouch and alfa wap!
As a prerequisite you need to be on OS 3.0 and have a gmail account!
You can check your current version by going to Settings > General > About > Version. To upgrade, follow the instructions at http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/. Please upgrade to iPhone OS 3.0 before moving on.
Lets start 😀
1.Open the Settings.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account….
4. Select Microsoft Exchange.
Enter Account Info
5. In the Email field, enter your full Google Account email address. If you use an @googlemail.com address, you may see an “Unable to verify certificate” warning when you proceed to the next step.
6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username.
8. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
9a. Choose Accept if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears.
10. A new Server field will appear. Enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
12. Select the Google services you want to sync.
13. Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes.
If you want to sync only the My Contacts group, you must choose to Delete Existing Contacts during the Google Sync install when prompted. If you choose to keep existing contacts, it will sync the contents of the “All Contacts” group instead.
And there you go! your email will automatically be pushed to your iphone even on wap 🙂
Leave a comment if it worked for you 🙂